Canada Startup Visa Program
FOR QUALIFIED ENTREPRENUERS TO BRING THEIR IDEAS TO MARKET AND THE FLEXIBILITY TO LIVE ANYWHERE IN CANADA WHILE THEY INCUBATE & GROW
If you are an entrepreneur, you may be eligible to immigrate to Canada through the start-up visa program.
Canada is looking for talented entrepreneurs that are interested in starting businesses that will stimulate the Canadian economy while creating employment opportunities for its residents.
Read on for everything you need to know about Canada’s start-up visa program, including a step-by-step guide to the application process and see how Reelo can help you immigrate to Canada through the start-up program.
Incubate From Anywhere In Canada
Our program allows you the flexibility to incubate on your terms.
Bring Up to 5 Co-Founders
You can bring up to 5 co-founders to start your venture in Canada.
Fast Processing - Start Immediately
You can start incubating immediately, no waiting!
Well Connected Team of Experts
Our team is full of BOTH global migration AND startup growth experts.
Eligibility requirements for the Start-up Visa ProgramYou must:
- have a qualifying business
- have a letter of support from a designated organization
- meet the language requirements, and
- have enough money to settle and live in Canada before you make money from your business
Designated organizations for start-up visaAs part of the eligibility requirements, you will need to provide proof (Commitment Certificate and Letter of Support) that your business is in fact supported by a designated organization. These documents will cover the relevant details of your arrangement with one or multiple designated organizations, and are paramount to your startup visa application. Unlike federal and provincial investor programs, where applicants must invest their own capital, no investment of their own funds will be required.
Instead, those who meet the eligibility requirements must secure a minimum of $75,000 from a Canadian angel investor, or a minimum of $200,000 from a Canadian venture capital fund recognized by the government of Canada. If the applicant is accepted into a recognized Canadian business incubator, no investment capital is required.
How to apply for a start-up visaFill out the application form:
- Fill out the Generic Application Form for Canada
- Click the “Validate” button on the form, and make sure that you have completed all required fields
- Print the validated application form, making sure to include the barcode page
- Sign and date the form
- Gather all documents listed in the order specified in the document checklist
- Place all necessary documents in a sealed envelope
- Print out the document checklist and sign it
- Include the document checklist as the cover page of your application
- Application fees include processing fees for you and anyone included in your application
- Right of permanent residence fee
- Third-party fees including fees for medical exams, police certificates, and language testing
- Pay biometrics fees.